While the Minnesota Twins are in first place in the AL Central, the same cannot be said for my fantasy team. I am currently 8th out of 10 teams. This is definately contributable to the fact that during the crucial opening weeks of the season, I went on a four day camping trip. I missed out on a lot of points that week. Anyway, I'm out of the cellar, and steadily chipping away at 7th place. Here are how the Twins have done for me in fantasy baseball.
- Joe Mauer - I drafted him in the second round hoping for a huge season. As we all know, this is sadly not how things have turned out. He's on my DL in hopes that he will return strong.
- Joe Nathan - Aquired in a trade for Angel Berroa. Adam recibio el shafto on that one. He thought "A guy who's never closed before for last year's Rookie of the Year, Brilliant!" Definately the best trade I've made all year. I think I'm going to call him Lanky now, as "Sit Down some more, Bitch!" doesn't quite roll off the tongue.
- My boy Lew Ford - I picked him up during his hot streak where he hit around .390. Had to cut him once Griffey got off the DL the first time. It's ok though. He's had a solid season, but fantasy requires big numbers, not solid numbers. Lew does things to help the team win, not pad his stats, which doesn't translate into fantasy points.
- Juan Rincon - Picked him up early in the year when the bullpen was picking up lots of wins.
- Justin Morneau - I picked up Newbie about a week ago when I heard the Dougie trade rumors swirling. Now he's starting to heat up, with back-to-back games with home runs over the weekend. One of my better moves of the season.
- Bobby Kielty - Picked him up for a day. Don't know why, but I did.
- AJ Pierzynski - Drafted as backup for Joe. Got rid of him for Jorge Posada when he wasn't producing.
- Eric Milton - I must say, that near no-hitter was nice.
Closing Shot: I noticed how many of the Twins have "J" names while writing this. You can add Joe Roa, Jacque Jones, J.C. Romero, Jose Offerman (I still cannot believe we picked him up), Johan "Sit Down, Bitch!" Santana, and now Jesse Crain and Jason Bartlett with the call-ups. That's 11 out of 25 with "J" names.